Re: libc update progress?

From: Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 15:41:00 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 2 May 2005, Matthew Dillon wrote:

>     The older release libraries are now installed in /usr/lib/compat by
>     default when installworld'ing on HEAD, using CVS storage and Simon's
>     layout algorithm.

Quick question: the libc "breakage" that people are complaining about
stems from l10n file format changes, right? Is there a simple hack* that
might be applied to libc.so.4 to utilise a varsym to select the right
l10n files?

* stop reading here; I think lumping it and putting up with the C locale
seems a reasonable workaround for the short term, which is what we're
talking about, right?