Re: New nvidia driver obstacle

From: Emiel Kollof <coolvibe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 09:54:37 +0200

On Wednesday 13 April 2005 04:48, justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > The Xorg/XFree86 graphics driver part depends heavily on a FreeBSD5
> > userland
> > (KSE, TLS and (presumably) _their_ libc5) and hence will not load. No
> > crashes
> > and other nasty stuff, but unresolved symbols are plagueing me. No love
> > :(
> >
> > I will keep you guys posted about any progress.
>
> This may be obvious, but if this turns out to be unworkable, we need to
> keep the older version around and available.

Nvidia keeps the older versions of their drivers on their respective
downloadsites, so no worries there. And even if they fix it for us _now_, the
libc version bump isn't going to help either :)

Maybe I should look at the driver again after we bumped libc. Right now
there's no quick fix possible. I'll make a patch (not a dfport) anyway and
post it to submit@ for people to horse around with (but mainly for myself for
archival purposes) :)

Cheers,
Emiel
--
A tautology is a thing which is tautological.