Re: RFC: backporting GEOM to the 4.x branch

From: Andrew Atrens <atrens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 10:54:43 -0500

Gee,

It feels like I'm on -chat. :)

Living in Canada, just slightly to the north of my American
cousins, I have an interesting perspective on all this. For
one thing I have the luxury to watch both CBC and CNN cover
the same news items and I must say sometimes the contrasts
are quite, shall we say, noticeable.

I mention this because it I think it helps me to see that
there's a noticeable cultural difference between Canadians
and Americans when it comes to how we think of security.

So this is a Canadian's perspective, no offense intended to
anyone :), but I think we're talking about building
security to protect personal privacy, which I'm all for.

Perhaps what Matt's saying is that he'd prefer to trade off
some personal privacy, if it makes the world around him
more secure. Of course, I'm putting words in his mouth.

If that's his point, I can understand it, and I agree with
it generally, but not in this particular instance.

Cheers,

Andrew.