Re: mount_msdos incorrect/wrong/not working?

From: David Ross <drossNOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 13:21:05 -0500

TIV wrote:
Hi Y'all;

Although it not clear to me what your present configuration is, it appears that you are try to mount the 'pen drive' as a SCSI device (da0), and that could be your problem.

from the manual:

*Table 3-1. Disk Device Codes*

Code     Meaning
ad     ATAPI (IDE) disk
da     SCSI direct access disk
acd     ATAPI (IDE) CDROM
cd     SCSI CDROM
fd     Floppy disk

You may want to check out the manual at http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~justin/handbook/disk-organization.html
for additional information, and you will probably get better reponses if you post your questions to users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx instead of the kernel forum;-).

Best regards,
Tiv

omg, it was pebkac. PEEEBBBBBBKKACCC!!!!!

I wasn't mounting it correctly. sorry for bother.

mount_msdos /dev/da1s1c /mnt/usb1

I kept trying to mount /dev/da1 or something, I dno't know.
I get in the mood where I keep typing wrong text :/ aka go stupid :P

Thanks anyway,

mew