Re: cache_lock versus getty?

From: walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 14:02:46 -0800

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004, Matthew Dillon wrote:

>     ...It could just be
>     that the disk is busy enough with other things that the lookup on
>     'getty' stalled for > 1 second.

FWIW, I looked during a reboot to see if the hard disk LED was lit
during the time when the login prompt appears (followed in about 1
second by the cache_lock messages).  On my machine the hd LED was
*not* lighting up during that period.

Certainly no rush -- the system is working great -- better than
anyone could possibly expect considering all the huge changes :o)