Re: learning dragonfly or C...

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:00:49 -0800 (PST)

:Hi Matt, ...then I must be confused! :) ...since I didn't make any
:optimization, only post your patch and discuss what it did, then
:
:On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 12:18:51PM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:>    Well, George... in fact I've already made precisely the optimization
:>    you thought would clean up the code a few days ago.  It's part of my
:>    VFS patchset.
:>
:>    Now is that a coincidence or not?
:
:I took that as a polite way of saying we must have both come up with the
:same optimization or maybe you've just posted my patch as your own. So,
:now I really don't understand what you where saying and asking there.
:But, sorry for the misunderstanding.
:
:// George
:--
:George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE

    Nah.  It was my misunderstanding... I didn't realize you just posted
    my patch :-)  I thought you had independantly come up with the cleanup,
    which is where that comment came from; I was simply pointing out the
    interesting coincidence (which it turns out wasn't :-)).  Since it
    was a fairly obvious cleanup in the first place it just didn't occur to
    me that you had copied and pasted it despite you having said so.  I was
    far more focused on the massive VFS patch yesterday.