HEADS up on VM fix now in stable

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:12:12 -0800 (PST)

    David Rhodus and I finally tracked down the dogged filesystem corruption
    and 'page not found in hash' panics that he has been getting for over
    a year.  The fix has been committed and the DragonFly_Stable tag slipped
    for it.  The bug was in contigmalloc() and particularly hit by people
    using the 'twe' driver, not through any fault of the driver which is
    why we were never able to find the problem before.

    Anyone with weird random occassional filesystem corruption or 'page not
    found in hash' panics should cvsup and get the latest stable, and the
    problem should go away.  The bug was inherited from FreeBSD-4 and even
    FreeBSD-5 still had a portion of the buggy code in place (though it may
    have been masked by other work done in FreeBSD-5).

    Many thanks to David Rhodus for providing the many kernel cores (dozens
    over the last year) related to this bug.

    This bug is believed to have been the cause of *all* known occassdional
    filesystem and/or VM corruption issues in DragonFly so it is with great
    relief that we've finally been able to track it down and fix it.