Re: Andre Nathans sbin/ clean up patches

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 11:12:25 -0800 (PST)

:Hey Guys,
:
:    Andre Nathan contact me with patches at:
:http://andre.people.digirati.com.br/dragonfly/patches/hunt/sbin/.
:If no objections are recieved, I will commit these some time tomorrow or
:late tonight.
:
:Andre's Mail:
:
:http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/submit/2004-10/msg00097.html
:
:Cheers,
:Liam J. Foy

    These need to be reviewed and tested, which is a lot of work.  In
    particular, strcpy->strlcpy and sprintf->snprintf conversions are
    subject to common mistakes such as mistaking a string pointer (where
    sizeof() does not produce what you want) for a string buffer (where it
    does).

    To keep the burden reasonable I think the best thing to do is to commit
    two patches a day (not more) from his set, so other developers can do
    post-reviews of them and also test the programs involved.