Re: New debug kernel installation mechanism committed to HEAD

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 22:39:36 -0700 (PDT)

:Heh, that would include moi, but I confess I don't really know what
:would constitute a successful 'test'.  What end-point are you looking
:for?
:
:I restored the DEBUG=-g, INVARIANTS*, DDB* options to my custom kernel
:config when you started on the VFS work.  Does this latest commit have
:any bearing on which of the above should be included/excluded by testers
:who are expecting trouble ;o) ?

    I think it's mostly a matter of things working just like they did
    before, except now /kernel happens to have convenient debug info in
    it.

    --

    Someone copied my original post onto the FreeBSD groups.  It's
    unbelievable how badly they've managed to mangle such a simple idea.