Re: What do people think about not installing a stripped /kernel ?

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 00:41:04 +0200

On 19.10.2004, at 00:12, Matthew Dillon wrote:
What I'm thinking of doing is having the installkernel target install the
debug version rather then the stripped version unless told to install
the stripped version with a new option, e.g. 'options INSTALL_STRIPPED'.
We would ship full debug GENERIC kernels instead of stripped kernels.
i.e. we aren't getting rid of the ability to install a stripped kernel,
we just aren't making it the default any more.

I think we could per default not strip kernels built with -g, and strip those that are built without -g.

cheers
  simon

--
/"\