Re: [Re: failure notice spam]

From: Garance A Drosihn <drosih@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 14:53:49 -0400

At 1:10 PM +0200 9/15/04, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
On 15.09.2004, at 07:37, Matthew Dillon wrote:

I haven't implemented it yet but I think the solution is to simply require that people who post mime-encoded stuff include a special header with a password. The password won't be secret or anything, we would publish it ...

I'm not sure whether this is a good idea. I for my part can't add headers in Apple Mail (at least I don't know how)

The way that I would imagine it to work is that all MIME-encoded
mail which arrives directly to the mailing list would be thrown
away, but mail which arrives at has-mime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx would
then be inserted into whatever mailing list it referenced in the
"To:" or "CC:" fields.  (if no legit mailing list was referenced,
the message would be thrown away -- so spam sent to that magic
address would not end up on any mailing list).

Hmm.  This seemed so simple when I started to write it, but is
getting a little more complicated as I think about it...

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad@xxxxxxxxxxx