Re: default smtpd

From: Garance A Drosihn <drosih@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 16:57:41 -0400

At 4:09 PM -0400 9/8/04, George Georgalis wrote:

I'm not suggesting a minimal forwarder/MDA is a good solution, only that it is the best solution. I'm really interested in what actual problems this would cause people.

Or I could be all wrong, do most BSD admins just prefer sendmail?

I think it is too soon in the life of DragonFly to worry about this particular debate. IMO it makes sense to stick with sendmail simply because that's what FreeBSD 4.x has. If someone who is used to FreeBSD wants to try DragonFly, it will be easier for them if they don't have some totally foreign mail-setup to deal with. Even if they do not like sendmail, they will be used to what steps to take to get the mail-agent that they do like.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad@xxxxxxxxxxx