Re: DO_VOP/lockmgr related panic

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 12:06:39 -0700 (PDT)

:I agree, but for Emiel that could not even start X it would at least help him
:get some of his stuff done until someone come up with a proper fix.
:
:I will look more at it when I am done eating. Perhaps I can understand some vfs
:on the way.
:
:--
:Eirik Nygaard
:eirikn@xxxxxxxxxxxx

    More eyes on the problem would definitely help, but I warn you it isn't
    cut and dry.  What is happening is that there is something (probably in
    NFS) that is not leaving the vnode in the state the caller expects... but
    the error is occuring *long* before the crash, possibly seconds to minutes
    before the crash.  It is only when the vnode is being reclaimed for reuse
    in some later, unrelated operation that the panic occurs.