Re: how does buildword search the right directories?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 10:12:31 -0700 (PDT)

    Heh.  It took me a while to figure that out when I first started retooling
    buildworld.  But, yes, the key is the fact that all the primary compiler
    and assembler tools run through the objformat program.  Many of the paths
    are hardwired at compile time so, for example, the buildworld crosstools
    stage builds a custom objformat and compiler binaries which the buildworld
    uses simply by virtue of running the correct objformat binary.

						-Matt