Re: DragonFlyBSD for embededd system...

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 21:44:04 -0700 (PDT)

:On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:30:13 -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:>     I found comments from people describing DragonFly as a Hyrbid-OS (hybrid
:>     between monolithic and pure messaging), and that is 100% correct.
:
:Speaking of messaging system, I am told that Mac OS X's Mach-hybrid kernel
:also uses a message based API model that supposedly causes a performance
:degradation compared to a "traditional" kernel API. Can you commment at
:all on this?

    Well, if it is Mach based I am not surprised at all.  Mach has a fairly
    sophisticated (== heavy weight) messaging abstraction.  DragonFly's
    messaging abstraction is far lighter in weight.