Re: cvsup, installer and booting

From: "George Georgalis" <george@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 23:26:40 -0400

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 07:56:04PM +0200, Martin P. Hellwig wrote:
>George Georgalis wrote:

>>My first attempt installed and booted fine; but I had a problem
>>with cvsup. I ended up using "*default release=cvs" in both
>>dragonfly-cvs-supfile and FreeBSD-ports-supfile, but that gives me "*,v"
>>files. Is there a way to use them locally or should I use "*default
>>release=cvs tag=." to get actual Makefiles?
>
>It is the CVS pository and has too be checked out to do anything usefull
>(the cvs -R -d %PATH% checkout %WHATEVER% way).
>Read the README file in the root of your install CD-ROM, it is explained
>there what to do.

Okay, so with tag=. I can build the release packages (or world) right
in prefix/src; and without I can checkout sources from local filesystem
pository, modify and build locally, neat. Is it okay to have both cvs
src and release src in the same prefix? If so can it be done in one
supfile or do I need two?

Thanks for pointing to the CDROM README, I hadn't seen that.

>>When I went back to the installer to repair the install, it saw them
>>(the slice?) but it couldn't mount the bsd partitions. Second attempt to
>>install did the same thing. What's going on here? Output of some linux
>>commands are below.
>
>Yeah had the same, I reinstalled it and checked out both options in the
>bootloader questions and it worked for me.

Excellent, fixed for me too... makes me feel silly not noticing that the
second time, after I read it the first time through. Looks like there is
a tip in the README which might work without reinstalling the base...

Cheers,
// George

--
George Georgalis, Architect and administrator, Linux services. IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/  cell:646-331-2027  mailto:george@xxxxxxxxx