Re: ideas

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:11:34 -0400

Ed wrote:

> 1) Please choose the complete and official project name: "DragonFly",
> "DragonFly BSD" or "DragonFlyBSD" ?
>
> Browsing the website I see all of them and also "uname" is not what I've
> expected.

DragonFly BSD is the proper technical name, as in a situation where people
are around who understand what BSD stands for.  Colloquially, call it
"DragonFly", because it's easier to type and to say.

> 6) I would strongly suggest to disable every network service by default.
> The better way is that the installer asks you what you want to enable
> (sshd, sendmail, ...) and if you don't select anything because you don't
> know, your box will be secure. Maybe.

You may want to talk to the installer folks about most of your ideas, since
they seem to revolve around installation time.