Re: new mirror site

To: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 19:30:26 +0100

Matthew Dillon wrote:

:The main reason this was held off was because everybody kept saying it would
:interfere with Jeffrey Hsu's work.
:
:Jeff, what's in the pipeline for your network stuff?
:
:I know there's people who would want to use DF, but lack of altq and pf is
:keeping them away.
:
:-- :Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai / kita no mono

(I know this is a somewhat old message). I think work could be started
on ALTQ and PF, though it is almost certain that both Jeff and I will have
to mess with it later on when we start to remove the BGL from the network stack.

For what it's worth, whatever changes that are made when we remove the BGL will apply to the ipfw code. The same techniques can be replicated for PF too, so it is not going to be majorly hard once IPFW is made to work with an unwound network stack.

-Hiten