new loader + serial console

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 01:51:08 +0200

hey,

FYI:

New loader (installed with installworld)
  + old boot2 (not disklabel -B'ed which installworld)
  + connected serial cable (serial console on other side)
gave me a non-booting setup.

This is because loader got bogus input (because of wrong connection speed) and didn't autoboot any more.

I don't know if it is fixed by installing boot2 or if putting -V into /boot.config fixed it; as chlamydia is a more or less important machine I don't want to experiment a lot.

cheers
  simon

--
/"\