Re: NO_OBJC patch

From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 14:35:21 +0200

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 08:41:15PM -0700, R. Joseph Wright wrote:
> I made a little patch so NO_OBJC and NO_FORTRAN will work.  I didn't
> include the NO_CXX and NO_CPP options because they aren't in the man
> page for make.conf and also because I didn't know if anyone actually
> uses those options.  If people do want those options, I can make another
> patch for that and add it to the man page.

I left this out because I wanted to get buildworld working first.
The interesting question are:
a) Are this options (NO_OBJC and NO_FORTRAN) in use?
b) If you use them, do you prefer a compiler without the support or only
without the libs / frontends?

The code is intentionally structured to allow the full removal of all
parts, I'm just not sure wether we want this. Don't waste the time with
a NO_CXX or NO_CPP option, the former doesn't work because we do use C++
in our tree (groff!) and the later just isn't worth the effort for
GCC 3.4.

Joerg