Re: Make Buildworld Fails

To: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Richard Coleman <richardcoleman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 20:39:03 -0500

Matthew Dillon wrote:

    Hmm.  This is a new one to me.  I am assuming that you did
    a cvs checkout of the sources into /usr/src before attempting to
    run the buildworld.   The Mini ISO that you downloaded is from November
    2nd, it's possible that it snapshotted the kernel at a bad time.

Probably the easiest way to bootstrap into DragonFly, especially if
you are on a modem, is to start with a FreeBSD-4.x CD (I'm hoping you
have one) and do a FreeBSD install. Then get cvsup and cvsup down
the DragonFly CVS tree. After that you should be able to checkout the
DragonFly src and do a buildworld, buildkernel, installkernel, installworld sequence.

With all the restructuring done in DF, want this leave a ton of stray crap on the system?

Richard Coleman
richardcoleman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx