Re: new library, libcaps

From: David Leimbach <leimy2k@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 18:03:45 -0600

On Nov 26, 2003, at 5:43 PM, Matthew Dillon wrote:

:I see that... I am not quite sure how to actually do anything with :this... :)

    Nothing, yet.  Wait for me to move the primary service/client API
    into the kernel.  Then the only thing userland will need to mess
    with is the abstracted LWKT messaging API.

:Its still interesting to look at the code and see what's going on but I
:wanted to
:write code that was purely [or as purely as possible] using lkkt_ calls
:without
:Unix Domain Sockets and such in the way.

Yes, that is precisely the goal. libcaps uses unix domain sockets
for the messaging pipe but those are fairly cumbersome. I am as we
speak creating a general set of system calls to implement a generalized
LWKT messaging system that userland can use both in single-threaded
environments and in multi-threaded environments.

Since that is what I mainly want to explore I should wait until you've reached
some level of completeness I suppose :)

Dave