Re: Am I way off base here?

From: Garance A Drosihn <drosih@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:00:59 -0500

At 5:22 PM -0500 11/25/03, Skip Ford wrote:

The behaviour of the FreeBSD folks is par for the course. Whenever someone proposes an idea that conflicts with the path they've already taken, they pout. The better the idea and the more foolish it makes their chosen path look, the higher they raise their bottom lip.

I guess I'll say that I resent that comment. I have my own good ideas which I'd like to see implemented which would address the performance issues. That doesn't mean I hate anyone else's good ideas, it just means that I have a limited amount of free time and I'd like to work elsewhere. My ideas may very well suck, but I would like to *try* them out and see if they are workable.

And now there's apparently a new rule, whenever someone
mentions DragonFly they cover their ears and scream loudly
to make sure they can't hear it.

Well, let's be real here. The reason DragonFly exists is that there were a few key FreeBSD developers who were constantly annoyed with Matt. Thus, this is not "new", and it also does not mean that *all* FreeBSD developers are cold to ideas from Matt. It just means some people do not get along.

It should also be noted that Matt nearly got voted to a
position on FreeBSD's core team, so it is pretty
obnoxiously unfair to paint all FreeBSD developers
with any particular coat of paint.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad@xxxxxxxxxxx