Re: Renaming the system to 'DragonFly'

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 13:46:49 -0800 (PST)

::--
::Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai / kita no mono
:
:    Hmm.  Maybe the solution is to modify 'uname' to report 'FreeBSD' if
:    there is an environmental override.  Then the ports build could set
:    the environment variable temporarily.  Maybe something like FAKE_OSNAME.
:

    Well, this is interesting... there is no need to modify uname, it
    already uses environment overrides callde UNAME_<blah>.

    % setenv UNAME_s Fubar
    % uname -s
    Fubar

    I think this is our temporary solution to the ports issues.