Re: Non-gcc compilers

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 11:12:49 -0800 (PST)

:On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 12:47:58 +0100
:Alexander Leidinger <reject@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
:
:> >     I'd like to see it too.
:>
:> I answered in private...
:
:This was meant to read: I already answered in private to Jeroen...
:
:> The patch is at http://www.leidinger.net/FreeBSD/current-patches/, but
:> you will lose your network connection if you use a icc compiled kernel
:> (bad icmp checksums). I will try to get some time today to try a C
:> version instead of the used assembler version.
:
:The actual patchset has a C version of the checksum function. No unusual
:packet loss anymore.
:
:Bye,
:Alexander.
:
:--
:                Where do you think you're going today?
:
:http://www.Leidinger.net                       Alexander @ Leidinger.net

    Hi Alexander.  This is very interesting work.

    Jeroen, I don't think it can be committed straight, there are some
    issues I would like to rework... the __INTEL_COMPILER stuff, for
    example, is a pretty bad hack.   I would prefer creating a
    __INLINES_SUPPORTED__ def in sys/cdefs.h.

    Let me do a first test/commit pass on it to try to reduce the size of
    the external patch set.  This may break the patch set for a short
    period until Alexander can catch up.