Re: Ports problems

From: Peter Kadau <peter.kadau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 15:44:18 +0100

Hi !

autoconf213:
Yep, dunno what happened, I had this on fbsd as well.
Just do a forced reinstall of autoconf<whatever-versions-you-need>.

Unfortunately, I don't know which of these are dragonflybsd specific
build problems (though I imagine the libgtop2 and libaudiofile
definately are) and which are broken in FreeBSD as well.
Yes, there are some changes in structures in dragonfly,
most of it can be fixed straightforward.
Some things require changes ala rusage - see David Rhodus' answer to
my question on p_runtime.

Is anyone actively working on fixing broken ports by using the dfports
tree?
I considered doing this at least for the gnome2 part,
but I'm sure there are more talented persons out there.
Besides that, by now, I'd rather wait until the x11-shuffeling is done
and deal with the ports that are available *then*.

And as a sidestep it would be nice to have something like
__DRAGONFLY__.

Cheers
Peter

--
<peter.kadau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Campus der Max-Planck-Institute Tübingen
Netzwerk- und Systemadministration

Tel: +49 7071 601 598
Fax: +49 7071 601 616