scheduler

From: Peter Kadau <peter.kadau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 19:56:10 +0100

Hi !

Since I'm very fond of the responsiveness effects
of ULE in fbsd-current, I'd like to know, how this
very responsiveness is supposed to be achieved
in dragonfly via userland schedulers.
As I understand it, the kernel-level thread-scheduling
is not to be touched at all including time-slices.
Also I understand that preemptive cpu-moves are against
essential dragonfly design because of locking issues.
(Which makes perfect sense for me, though I'm just an
 interested bystander/sysadmin.)
I don't expect any complete explanations, just some pointers
to relevant email-threads/documentation/ideas/whatever.

I hope I don't sound too demanding...
Just asking.

Cheers
Peter

--
<peter.kadau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Campus der Max-Planck-Institute Tübingen
Netzwerk- und Systemadministration

Tel: +49 7071 601 598
Fax: +49 7071 601 616