Re: acpi in new loader

From: David Rhodus <drhodus@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 21:18:28 -0500

On Nov 13, 2003, at 6:26 PM, Kenneth Culver wrote:
OK, I'll work on that later today or tomorrow. Are we ever planning on having
acpi support? Is it already there and I'm just not seeing it? Your comment
above "(which is basically how it works in our kernel anyway)" seems to imply
we have it but as far as I know it's not there.

For basic ACPI support all you need to do is add 'device acpica' into your
kernel configuration file. This will statically compile ACPI support into the
kernel. This is not in the GENERIC kernel configuration file as to relieve
any extra intrusion people may feel about ACPI at this time(there was a lot
of pressure against me adding ACPI into DragonFly). In FreeBSD 5.x the
default is a kernel loadable module, hence the options to boot without ACPI
in the loader.

-DR