Re: 2 problems with up-to-date as of today kernel

From: David Rhodus <drhodus@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 00:41:04 -0500

On Nov 5, 2003, at 12:06 AM, Kenneth Culver wrote:

The first problem is in if_bge.c. Revision 1.7 breaks the driver. With this
revision the card can't communicate at all with anything.
Interesting, what does your pciconf -lv show ? It works fine for the card here
I've got which is an older prism 2. Anyway for the time being I backed out
the change as I'll round up a stack of cards tomorrow and do a little more
testing.

Second problem. I'm not sure when this started happening, but it was recently.
Just do a /usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.4.2/bin/java -version (assuming you have it
installed) and watch it hang taking up 100% cpu. The cpu it's taking is listed
as "system" in top though, and this command used to work fine (need it to build
native java 1.4.1 and openoffice).
Hum, the openoffice build is funny. It requires that the sun jdk be installed for the
build process but does to actually run the jvm at anytime that matters. Hence
I was just able to install openoffice but I don't have the linux emulation package
installed.

-DR