Re: dynamic /bin /sbin

From: Garance A Drosihn <drosih@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 15:04:58 -0400

At 11:51 AM -0700 7/25/03, Matthew Dillon wrote:

I am generally against doing dynamic. I feel that certain entities that one might desire to be dynamic, such as authentication, really should be *completely* moved out of the binary and into a port service. Such entities might include (incomplete list):

	* authentication
	* name resolution
	* locale

If these issues can be solved without going dynamic, then there probably isn't much need for switching to dynamic.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad@xxxxxxxxxxx