Re: userapi: signals

From: Peter da Silva <peter-dragonfly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:39:43 -0500

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    There are a billion ways this could be handled.  I have no specific
    thoughts on the best way to do it at the moment.  I would prefer that
    the kernel not be aware of userland threading at all, though.  I want
    userland threading to be under the complete control of userland.

Hmmm... the kernel would at least have to be aware of userland threading for processes that are threaded across multiple CPUs, no?

I would have thought that the ideal would be that userland threading and kernel threading are really the same thing, like kernel and userland messages. Or am I just missing something obvious?