Re: How to start working on dragonflybsd

From: Simon 'corecode' Schubert <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 00:57:43 +0200

Lately Kedar Sovani told:

> > :Since I'm coming from Linux camp, I'm not sure about the procedure
> > :to start hacking at dragonflybsd. Should I install FReeBSD 4 and
> > :then start downloading / compiling / installing dBSD from there?
> >     Yah.  Start with a recent 4.x and go from there.
>     I guess, the downloading, would mean the src/sys directories
>     right?

as i guess not *that* much has changed from freebsd (yet) you go your
cvsup / make buildworld / make buildkernel / make installkernel / reboot
to singleuser / make installworld  procedure...

concerning the needed files: i think src/sys changed a lot and programs
depending on that (ps, top etc) so you might want to just plainly update
everything for convenience

cheers
  simon

--