Re: Guidelines for tasks?

From: Ben Laurie <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 12:37:34 +0100

Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     Well, I agree with the concept.  I'm not sure about a visual
>     representation but we could create nested dependancies on a web page
>     using tables.

dot!

tasks.dot:

digraph tasks
	{
	task1;
	task1a;
	task1b;
	task1 -> task1a;
	task1 -> task1b;
	task1b1;
	task1b2;
	task1b -> task1b1;
	task1b -> task1b2;
	task1a -> task1b1;
	task2;
	task2a;
	task2 -> task2a;
	task2a -> task1b2;
	}

dot -Tgif -o tasks.gif tasks.dot

Of course, you'd probably want to generate the dot file from something
more general-purpose. You might even persuade me to volunteer :-)

Cheers,

Ben.

GIF image