Re: how to get mouse working?

From: Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 06:38:02 -0500

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 1:52 AM, John Marino <dragonflybsd@marino.st> wrote:
> This might be handled by xorg.
> Look at /etc/X11/xorg.conf, section "InputDevice"
>
> Is there a mouse section there (Probably identified as "Mouse0").
> You might want to paste that.  Mine has "Device" defined as "/dev/sysmouse".
>
> JustinS told you that before, and he also wrote the following on this very
> mail list to you:
>
> "Scratch what I said about the mouse - put:
> moused_enable="YES"
> into /etc/rc.conf, and run
> /etc/rc.d/moused start
> and the mouse should work.  This is what I just had to do now,
> experimenting manually."
>
> So I suspect he basically answered you before you asked the question again.

Dear sir,

I apologize or I am sorry, but I have mentioned that it does not work.
 I have tried that it does not work.  I have uncommented the section
where it says moused_port="/dev/ums1" and it does not work.  I don't
have mouse functionality.  What good is a gui without a mouse?  and I
don't know any shortcuts to set menu entries in xfce :(

I remember that there was an option for xorg.conf that had an option
like Hidden="False" and that may do it?

Thanks,

Antonio