Re: Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode

From: Pierre Abbat <phma@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2013 18:37:40 -0400

On Thursday, May 09, 2013 09:25:26 Antonio Olivares wrote:
> Dear folks,
>
> Machine rebooted after doing a startx.  Added hostname to /etc/hosts
> and ran startx.  Machine rebooted and failed to give login prompt.  I
> see the following:
>
> Starting moused: moused: Unable to get status of mouse fd:  Invalid argument

> cpuid = 3; lapic -> id = 03000000
> fault virtual address = 0x58
> fault code                 = supervisor read data, page not present
> instruction pointer   = 0x8: 0xffffffff807577b7
> stack pointer            = 0x10:*
> frame pointer           = 0x10:*

> db>
>
> I am thinking I may need to reinstall and begin again from scratch :(
> Is there some troubleshooting I can do?  I have HAMMER FS installed.

You should be able to get a dump by calling dumpsys from the db> prompt. Then
boot in single-user mode, start all the services until SERVERS (savecore is
two steps before it; moused is well after it), upload the dump to leaf, and
file a bug report.

Pierre
--
Jews use a lunisolar calendar; Muslims use a solely lunar calendar.