Re: ultrabook recommendations

From: Charles Rapenne <charles.rapenne@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 17:05:40 +0100

--e0cb4efe2b2af6391904d0d2336e

Hello Benjamin,

Depending on your ultrabook, you may have only SSD drives, so swapcache
won't be useful.
Also, I'm not sure intel graphics are working very well on DragonFly.. I
think you may encounter a lot of troubles with an ultrabook, they are often
built using latests devices (wifi, bluetooth, storage).

You could be able to use it, at least with vesa and ethernet I think.

Regards

2012/12/14 Benjamin Woolley <tautolog@gmail.com>

> Hi Dragonfly users,
>
> I am looking to purchase an ultrabook that is reasonably compatible with
> Dragonfly BSD. Any success stories or gotchas? What are your ultrabook
> experiences? For example, is anyone using swapcache(8) on a ultrabook?
> Would that even be a good idea? Any luck with power management? What can be
> expected?
>
> For the purpose of this discussion, the Macbook Air may be considered an
> ultrabook. Also, anything small and light that isn't technically an
> ultrabook. I have been looking at the 11-14in range.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Ben

--e0cb4efe2b2af6391904d0d2336e

ok, you may have only SSD drives, so swapcache won&#39;t be useful.</div><d=
iv>Also, I&#39;m not sure intel graphics are working very well on DragonFly=
.. I think you may encounter a lot of troubles with an ultrabook, they are =
often built using latests devices (wifi, bluetooth, storage).</div>
Woolley <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tautolog@gmail.com"; target=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Hi Dragonfly users,<br>
I am looking to purchase an ultrabook that is reasonably compatible with Dr=
agonfly BSD. Any success stories or gotchas? What are your ultrabook experi=
ences? For example, is anyone using swapcache(8) on a ultrabook? Would that=
 even be a good idea? Any luck with power management? What can be expected?=

For the purpose of this discussion, the Macbook Air may be considered an ul=
trabook. Also, anything small and light that isn&#39;t technically an ultra=
book. I have been looking at the 11-14in range.<br>
Thank you,<br>
Ben<br>

--e0cb4efe2b2af6391904d0d2336e--