Re: Errors on SSD

From: Sven Gaerner <sgaerner@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 21:27:13 +0200

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 06:28:04PM +0200, Sven Gaerner wrote:
> I did an upgrade of the firmware of the SSD. It was very easy, download
> the ZIP containing an ISO image with a Linux live system. Then configure
> the network and run the update process. After that upgrade the SSD now
> uses the firmware version 1.37, but unfortunately the errors still occur.
>
> So I guess there is another problem, either with the SSD or the error
> reporting. When I started using the SSD I did not see these errors. I
> think I will use an older DragonFly BSD live image to see if that system
> now reports the same errors.
>
> I'll let you know.
>
> Sven

I used an older DragonFly BSD Live CD version 3.0.2 and I did not see
any of these errors. I could write and delete some random files, but no
errors were reported on the console.

My current setup after replacing the SSD with another WD hard disk is
working properly. But although I left the SSD connected but do not mount
or use any of its filesystems, I see these read-write errors.

Why do I get these errors, when the disk is not in use?

Thanks.

Sven