Re: your own filesystem

From: Raimundo Santos <raitech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 13:39:01 -0300

On 2 September 2012 08:54, Sascha Wildner <saw@online.de> wrote:
> On Sun, 02 Sep 2012 13:45:51 +0200, sad@bestmx.ru <sad@bestmx.ru> wrote:
>>
>> i have kldload my module.
>> now i am confused about how to call it's functions?
>> (excuse me for the stupid question)
>> how can i call the "mount" (if it has been created?)
>

> Not 100% sure what you mean but I guess the next step would be to copy
> mount_null(8) to mount_myfs(8) and adjust it so it acts on myfs.

Yeap, to have a working FS you need a way to the layered approach know
about that FS.

By layered approach I mean the way unix has, at least for the past
twenty years, organazied the access to FS: via VFS.

In a roughly way: you have to mount, under the 'laws' of VFS, a FS,
which means put an access point/node in the hierarchy of the actual
all FSs tree. Direct to the point: VFS abstracts all the fundamental
operations over your FS, so other apps do not have to know how to
access specificaly the yours.

disclaimer 1: I am yet a novice in this subject.
disclaimer 2: I am very sorry about my English...
Raimundo A. P. Santos
Bacharelando em Informática
ICMC - USP