Re: Latest pkgsrc status - as compared to last report of 11 August (+66)

From: Justin Sherrill <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 13:33:30 -0400

We can do that - the caveats are that John is building pkgsrc-current,
so you have to be on pkgsrc-current to use them.  We release DragonFly
with the current quarterly release of pkgsrc, so by default, people
are not going to pull from his collection of files even if they are
uploaded.

There also can be regressions; packages that were working may break
due to changes in pkgsrc-current as updates happen, so someone moving
from a quarterly release to pkgsrc-current may find something doesn't
upgrade when previously it did just fine.  John is so astonishingly
active in fixing issues that's unlikely, but it is remotely,
temporarily, possible.

These aren't reasons against doing it; I'm mentioning it because it
added complexity to a process that isn't as streamlined as I'd like it
to be.