Re: DragonFly GUI desktop at work - not bad at all

From: Stéphane Russell <srussell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 09:53:51 -0400

Pierre Abbat a écrit :
> On Thursday 19 July 2012 21:40:44 Stéphane Russell wrote:
>> I finally got a PC to make myself a GUI workstation with DragonFly. I
>> first tried Gnome, without success. There seem to be issues with GConf
>> and HAL, and the console is not available to GDM. So I tried XDM along
>> with a XFCE GUI and it worked with some average issues.
> Looks good! I've been running KDE for over a year; the main problem I've had
> is that sometimes the binary packages weren't available.
>
> Are you building a house? I'm going to be building a cabin fairly shortly, and
> a house next year. I'm doing the drawings in QCad on the DFly box (also
> LibreCad on the Ubuntu laptop, but it doesn't have a scrollwheel).
>
> Pierre
We made a lot of renovations in the past years, still in it!

I used QCad on DragonFly to modify the plans that I bought for a patio
deck. I had to bring down the length from 12 to 8 feets and calculate
precisely the position of the pillars, it was a lot of fun. Once I got
used to QCad, the job was done very fast. I didn't try LibreCad since
QCad fits my needs for now.

Your build projects looks good to me! Good luck for your work. :-)

Stephane