Re: Install problems

From: John Marino <dragonflybsd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012 19:02:27 +0200

On 7/1/2012 15:07, Sascha Wildner wrote:
> On Sun, 01 Jul 2012 12:58:55 +0200, Jasse Jansson <jasse@yberwaffe.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> I'm trying to install dfly on two different computers right now and
>> it's not going well.
>>
>> Case 1:
>>
>> A 6-7 years old laptop (ASUS A6Km) just got an "Fatal trap 12" after a
>> very long time exercising the cd drive.
>> I think the install-o-meter was at 56% when it happened.
>> The "fault code" says: supervisor write data, protection violation.
>> I have a picture of the screen if anybody want it.
>
> Yeah, please put up the picture.

Were you installing DragonFly 3.0.x with UFS (as opposed to HAMMER)?
If so, that's a known UFS softupdates bug that still hasn't been
completely fixed.  The workaround is either to install from a latest
snapshot (the current bug is unlikely to prevent installation from
completing now) or better yet to turn off softupdates flag from the
installer.

John