Re: recovering a file: hammer history != undo -ai

From: Raimundo Santos <raitech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 02:05:05 -0300

--e89a8f8391d5e24eaa04c267a54a

On 13 June 2012 21:55, Raimundo Santos <raitech@gmail.com> wrote:

> One question: it will replicate the data, creating new nodes in the btree=
,
> or just recover de file with their btree nodes?

well, sven

I ran your last suggestion and it worked well. It is very nice to see the
file back again :)

But it occupied another 10GB, what is not that good in an basic 50GB fs...
undo do the same job (undo -o test.img -tid 0xlast_tid test.img).

By now, another question comes: why there is a difference between the data
showed by undo and hammer history? They should be the same, no?

And now, I have lost my test case... I just did a prune-everything... \o/

bye!

--=20
Raimundo A. P. Santos
Bacharelando em Inform=E1tica
ICMC - USP

--e89a8f8391d5e24eaa04c267a54a

=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:raitech@gmail.com"; target=3D"_blank">raitech=
=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

One question: it will replicate the data, creating new nodes in the btree, =
 sven<br><br>I ran your last suggestion and it worked well. It is very nice=
 to see the file back again :)<br>

... undo do the same job (undo -o test.img -tid 0xlast_tid test.img).<br><b=
r>By now, another question comes: why there is a difference between the dat=
a showed by undo and hammer history? They should be the same, no?<br>

ICMC - USP<br>

--e89a8f8391d5e24eaa04c267a54a--