Re: network routing malfunction

From: Pierre Abbat <phma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 12:25:06 -0400

On Wednesday 23 May 2012 10:08:48 Nuno Antunes wrote:
> Are you saying that ping was working even if you didn't see the
> packets going through chausie?
>
> Which route is darner using to reach sco? Did it change before and
> after the traceroute?

The default route is through linksys, the route to sco is through chausie, but
when I type "route show", I get lots of routes for active
connections. "route" on Linux just shows the routing table.

There is a computer nearby that responds to sco's address when I ping it and
the VPN is down. The VPN is 192.168.100, and 100 appears to be a commonly
used network, as the cable modem answers 100.1 when its WAN side is
disconnected. However, traceroute showed packets going through chausie. I
think that the act of showing the route caused it to work properly.

There is a Windows box on the network; the tcpdump showed NetBIOS packets
going to sco and being rejected. sco runs Samba, and the Windows box needs to
read from it at certain steps of drawing.

Pierre
--
When a barnacle settles down, its brain disintegrates.
Já não percebe nada, já não percebe nada.