Re: DragonFly pkgsrc policy for packages without freely or generally available sources

From: Justin Sherrill <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 11:13:22 -0400

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 8:29 AM, John Marino <dragonflybsd@marino.st> wrote:

> Personally I disagree with this philosophy.  Pkgsrc packages should be
> buildable by anyone as a minimum requirement for being a package, and if
> this capability is lost, I believe the package should be removed from pkgsrc
> once it's clear the capability will never be regained.
>
> Along the same vein, there are some packages that depend on sources that one
> has to purchase.  I wouldn't be shocked if all of these only worked for
> NetBSD only.

Syntactically, it bugs me, because NOT-FOR-PLATFORM usually indicates
there's something wrong that keeps it from building on a given
platform, and what this really is should be
PROBABLY-WILL-NEVER-BUILD-ANYWAY.  It's a fix that adds noise to the
makefiles.

However, I'm complaining about form, not purpose, so my complaint is irrelevant.