GPT question

From: Tim Darby <t+dfbsd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 19:02:55 -0700

--14dae9340b6b788e0604bf548e9e

Shouldn't gpt at a minimum check to see if a device is mounted before
creating or destroying a table?  I just lost a full 2TB drive's worth of
data (backed up, fortunately) because I fat fingered the device name.  Why
would it ever be a good idea to allow this on a mounted device?

Tim

--14dae9340b6b788e0604bf548e9e

 check to see if a device is mounted before creating or destroying a table?=
 =A0I just lost a full 2TB drive&#39;s worth of data (backed up, fortunatel=
y) because I fat fingered the device name. =A0Why would it ever be a good i=
dea to allow this on a mounted device?<br clear=3D"all">

--14dae9340b6b788e0604bf548e9e--