Re: GUI in Live CD?

From: Justin Sherrill <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 20:56:46 -0500

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 10:33 AM, Bob Gold <bgold2005@gmail.com> wrote:

> some rss feed advertised dragonFly.
> so I burned a liveCD (64 bit stable)
>
> the documentation on this is sparse so...
> is there ANY GUI build into the LiveCD?
> if so how the heck do I invoke it?

If the liveCD file you used had 'gui' in the name, 'startx' should
work.  If it didn't have it, which I suspect it did not, you grabbed
an image that did not come with X installed.

Following the FreeBSD handbook section on wireless networking should
work out for your wireless setup.

Be ready for some fiddling to get this working; it's not streamlined
like Ubuntu, but it will reward patient effort.