Re: Regarding USB wireless adapters

From: Abhishek Sharma <sharma.abhishek.it@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 11:29:40 +0530

Hi Chris,

So can i use some supported USB wireless adapter. Do you know of any?

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Chris Turner <c.turner@199technologies.com> wrote:
On 11/20/11 03:07, Abhishek Sharma wrote:

I use a Toshiba satellite pro which has got Realtek wireless drivers,
> which is currently unsupported for BSD unix.

Your best bet is to browse the drivers linked through the 'wlan'
driver:

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/cgi/web-man?command=wlan&section=ANY

and to check the source to match your device ID.

I used to use rum(4), but this was broken in an infrastructure update -
I believe there is some talk from some months ago discussing
usb wlan interfaces - IIRC we don't have a working one but I'm
unfortunately not up to speed on that at the moment.

--
Regards,

Abhishek Sharma