Re: How to Correctly map sernos to device names

From: Tim Darby <t+dfbsd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 10:44:49 -0700

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 3:14 AM, Siju George <sgeorge.ml@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Is there a way to correctly map /dev/serno to device names.

Currently the devices I have are given below

What is M00B3EK2306. Is it cd0?

How does one know?

Thanks

--SIju

I'm not aware of an included utility to do this, but attached is a perl script I made, based on a perl script someone posted awhile ago, to convert serial numbers to devices.

Tim