Re: rebuilding pkg_install fails

From: Chris Turner <c.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 14:05:00 -0500

On 08/11/11 16:52, Pierre Abbat wrote:
If the maintainers fix the bugs,
will the fixes get into the git branch so that I can get KDE, even if I have
to compile it?

If the bugfixes don't make it into the stable quarterly you are using you can always do something like:

mv /usr/pkgsrc/category/brokenpackage /usr/pkgsrc/category/brokenpackage.bak
cp -r /usr/fixed-pkgsrc-tree/category/brokenpackage /usr/pkgsrc/category/brokenpackage

for the various broken packages and use your 'hacked up' tree to build the related
packages.

This works most of the time unless there have been changes to the various dependencies
of the broken packages, in which case you'll need to do the same for those, or tweak
the 'fixed' packages to use different versions in the package makefiles.

Cheers,
- Chris