Re: Recover slave PFS

From: Antonio Huete Jimenez <ahuete.devel@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 11:14:02 +0200

Sven,

You can use hammer info to display all the existing PFSs among other things. It will tell you also if they are mounted or not.

Cheers,
Antonio Huete

2011/8/7 Sven Gaerner <sgaerner@gmx.net>
On Sat, Aug 06, 2011 at 04:43:43PM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     It is a bug, it shouldn't have removed the softlink for the PFS.  However, the
>     only way to destroy a pfs is with pfs-destroy and since you didn't do that the
>     PFS is still intact.
Thanks for pointing this out. I guessed that because the space was still
allocated.

>     All you have to do is re-create the softlink.
>
>     The PFS softlink points to "@@-1:nnnnn" Where 'n' is the pfs number.  For example,
>     PFS #5 would be: "@@-1:00005"
>
>     The format must be precise.  If you recreate the softlink for the missing pfs in
>     your /pfs directory you should be able to CD into it and get it back.
>
>     If you don't know the PFS number look at the PFS numbers for the existing PFS's and
>     guess at the ones that might be missing.
>
>                                               -Matt
It worked by re-creating the softlink. Very nice. It was the first PSF
on that device, so I did not have to test a lot.

Is there a way to list all allocated but not referenced PSF?

Thanks a lot.

Sven